Monday, November 7, 2011

Roy Christopher's Video Chat

I really liked the video chat that we had with Roy Christopher because it was so different. I didn't stay for the whole thing, but while I was there it was very interesting.

Roy Christopher, despite all the input and ideas he has on technology doesn't have a smart phone?? That caught me by complete surprise, but it kind of gave him more of an edge to how he analyzed thing because it wasn't all at his fingertips like it is for us.  Another thing that I really retained from the video chat was the quote he said, "program, or be programmed".  This statement really stuck with me because it's saying, to me, that you don't have to stick to the status quo, you can start something yourself rather than follow someone else.

Another point that was made by Roy Christopher was how he is optimistic on the idea that, while technology is thriving, he feels books and things on paper will not disappear. I liked the idea of this because I feel like the world cannot just jump completely out of the old ways, there has to always be something to remind us of our roots.  Having this said, Christopher has trust in our generation, meaning the future is in our hands and he believes we'll do right with it, and I liked the confidence he had with that idea.

These are the main ideas or highlights I took away from the video chat, and it was really just a super cool experience to hear from people out in the real world. People who know so much more about social media than I do because it really put things into perspective for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment