Monday, November 7, 2011

We're Creating Something Beautiful



Throughout my time in this class I honestly have learned to give myself a little more credit than I do. I learned other people believe in me more than I had thought and with a little push I can do the things I never thought I could. Dr. Preston does test me.... al lot; I tell him I can't and he comes right back saying, "oh but you can". This class has honestly put me on a better path with in myself because it has built up my confidence in many ways, through writing, through speaking, through reading, and even through my overall confidence in myself. Take the Hamlet soliloquy for example, I gave up the day it was assigned and good ol' Dr. Preston pestered me and pestered me and kept telling me I could do it until I finally took his word for it and tried. What do you know, I did, and I did really well actually. I have learned a lot from this class, not only about school, but about what awaits me in the real world. I know now that my words mean a lot more than I had thought, and I do have an effect when I speak or try and make a point. All thanks to this course so far.

I feel as if this class is leading up to so many successful people and it amazes me. It's creating confidence in more people than just myself because we are all getting our ideas out on the web, whether people read them or not, I feel the whole concept is just a great experience. The song I chose is just describing the success I see within our class because I know each and everyone of us is on the right track to accomplishing great things, "something beautiful". The song is talking about a relationship, but I'm using it in a different content, he's waiting for the beauty of success that the world holds for him. I know this class will only better me as a person as the year goes on and I am actually excited to be pushed to the best of my ability. It's a good feeling when you achieve what you never thought you could and the ultimate goal in my mind after this class is getting into a good college! I hope that is something that I achieve in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment