Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Notes on Hamlet

  Hamlet has evolved significantly in my head and I think its partially due in part to the main soliloquy that we had to master, "To be, or not to be...".  This really put me through a lot of strenuous time consuming grief!  Now that it is mastered I feel that I am more intrigued with actually understanding what Shakespeare is meaning in all of his lines, instead of just simply reading them with no interpretation.
  Character's such as Hamlet have truly changed in my mind because he is no longer some weird guy with a lot of issues.  I feel for Hamlet as the play goes on because he allows the reading in on more and more insight of his personal thoughts.  A character that is complex makes me more willing to try and "crack their code, I get excited when I finally decide on what I think Hamlet means.  The ghost has also evolved in my mind.  The ghost was confusing in the beginning, but as the acts go on I see that he has a more complex meaning to it.  I feel as if the ghost is also an insight into Hamlet's mind in some way because he is no ordinary ghost that just comes and goes as it pleases.  Having this said I feel as if Hamlet's struggles have peaked and are going to begin to come together for him.  I feel as if Hamlet will finally get it right in the next few scenes and ease his mind in a the best way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment